If employers do not take good care of new employees, it takes longer for them to be productive. The employee feels less welcome or valued and in many cases will feel less involved with the organization. As a result, the company runs a greater risk of premature departure. If a new hire decides to leave within a few months, the investment is lost. Team4Code, therefore, facilitates the onboarding between an employee and customer company.
An Employer and employee have an interest in a good onboarding and training program.
New employees want to be confirmed that they have made the right choice. They want to be able to tell their friends that they got a nice job. They want to be proud of their choice. They are proud of the reputation of the company, innovations, great products and services, and great colleagues. During onboarding, you want to give newcomers this confirmation, because regret is the basis for an early departure.
Onboarding is more than providing a laptop, an email address, and a company mug. The goal of a serious onboarding process is to help new employees find their way in the organization faster and therefore become productive faster. They feel more involved in the organization and are less likely to leave it.
At the start, everything is new for the employee. Therefore, it is good to make sure the role is clear. What is expected? And what can he expect from the organization? Make sure that the information needed to do his work is also available. And more importantly, make sure the employee knows where to get the missing information. All practical matters should be well arranged so that they do not cause distraction.
Team4Code helps with the onboarding of new engineers in your company
The onboarding process at Team4Code is structured as follows:
- The new employee will be interviewed with the HR officer prior to the first working day. They discuss:
- Candidate’s expectations. It is also checked whether the contract is completely clear and there are no more questions about it.
- Culture. What does the company stand for, what are the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Role. What is expected of the employee.
- Compliance. What are the rules that everyone must adhere to, such as manners, reporting sick, safety, and confidentiality.
- Facilities: all facilities are taken care off.
- Relations: the HR of Team4Code ensures that an appointment is made with the right people within the customer company so that the new employee can quickly find his way.
- A welcome package is offered on the first working day, which has been put together in advance in consultation with the customer. This welcome pack lists the most important things and includes something nice such as a shirt, a mug, or the like.
- The Team4Code HR employee ensures that a meeting is scheduled with the hiring manager on the first working day if possible. In this meeting, the working arrangements for the first days are also made.
- At the end of the first and second week, the HR employee will contact the new hire to check how the induction period is going. This is repeated after the first and second months. The HR employee has monthly contact with the hiring manager about the progress.
- At the end of the trial period, a meeting is held between the new employee, the hiring manager, and the Team4Code HR manager. The trial period and the onboarding will be evaluated in this meeting.
During the onboarding (and afterwards) the employee can contact the Team4Code HR manager, but if possible also with an ‘onboarding buddy’ to be designated by the customer company.
Get notified about news